On Saturday a ruling came down shutting down the final challenge to the Texas vigilante abortion ban.
The ruling states that state officials have no authority to enforce the law, which empowers private citizens: “We cannot rewrite the statue”.
But the statue is unconstitutional…and they could certainly have ruled as such..but didn’t!
And now, in its own copycat but worse bill, the Tennessee legislature will now feel more empowered than ever to pass their bill to be heard in the House Health Sub-Committee this Tuesday, March 15th .
Please take this moment to contact Sub-Committee members and tell them NO. No vigilante laws on our heads!!
Here’s the list of House Health Subcommittee members to call or email:
- Bob Ramsey, Chair (R-Maryville), (615) 741-3560, email@example.com
- Bryan Terry (R-Murfreesboro), (615) 741-2180, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clark Boyd (R-Lebanon), (615) 741-7086, email@example.com
- David Byrd (R-Waynesboro), (615) 741-2190, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bob Freeman (D-Nashville), (615) 741-0709, email@example.com
- Mark Hall (R-Cleveland), (615) 741-1350, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Darren Jernigan (D-Old Hickory), (615) 741-6959, email@example.com
- Sabi Kumar (R-Springfield), (615) 741-2860, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pat Marsh (R-Shelbyville), (615) 741-6824, email@example.com
- Paul Sherrell (R-Sparta), (615) 741-1963, firstname.lastname@example.org